Spiritual Networks Terms
Please read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave Spiritual Networks and discontinue use of Spiritual Networks immediately. If you wish to become a Member, communicate with other Members and make use of Spiritual Networks, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the Registration process. This Agreement includes Spiritual Networks’ policy for acceptable use of Content posted on Spiritual Networks, your rights, obligations and restrictions regarding your use of Spiritual Networks. In order to participate in certain services, you may be notified that you are required to download software or content and/or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless otherwise provided by the additional terms and conditions applicable to Spiritual Networks in which you choose to participate, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement. Spiritual Networks may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by Spiritual Networks on the website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use Spiritual Networks after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on Spiritual Networks and that you provide to other Users. Your Spiritual Networks profile should not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses and any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other Spiritual Networks Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and Spiritual Networks assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of Spiritual Networks Services by any person, please contact email@example.com or click on the "Report Inappropriate Content" link at the bottom of any Spiritual Networks page.
Spiritual Networks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Spiritual Networks Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. Spiritual Networks expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of Spiritual Networks Services if Spiritual Networks determines, in its sole discretion, that you pose a threat to Spiritual Networks and/or its Users.
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the Spiritual Networks Services is void where prohibited. By using Spiritual Networks, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 21 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Spiritual Networks does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 21 years of age.
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use Spiritual Networks or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member's Account Settings page. Spiritual Networks may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that Spiritual Networks reserves the right to charge for the Spiritual Networks and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If Spiritual Networks terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Spiritual Networks immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Non-commercial Use by Members. The Spiritual Networks Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Spiritual Networks. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of Spiritual Networks, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to Spiritual Networks is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of Spiritual Networks.
6. Proprietary Rights in Content on Spiritual Networks. 1. Spiritual Networks does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to Spiritual Networks. After posting your Content to the Spiritual Networks, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through Spiritual Networks, you hereby grant Spiritual Networks a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through Spiritual Networks. Without this license, Spiritual Networks would be unable to provide the Spiritual Networks Services. The license you grant to Spiritual Networks is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to Spiritual Networks), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that Spiritual Networks is not required to pay you for the use on the Spiritual Networks Services of the Content that you post). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from Spiritual Networks. The license does not grant Spiritual Networks the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant Spiritual Networks the right to distribute your Content outside of Spiritual Networks. 2. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through Spiritual Networks or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through Spiritual Networks does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through Spiritual Networks. 3. The Spiritual Networks Services contain Content of Spiritual Networks. Spiritual Networks Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Spiritual Networks owns and retains all rights in the Spiritual Networks Content. Spiritual Networks hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Spiritual Networks Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing Spiritual Networks. 4. The Spiritual Networks Services contain Content of Users and other Spiritual Networks licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through Spiritual Networks.
7. Content Posted. 1. Spiritual Networks may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of Spiritual Networks violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. Spiritual Networks assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Spiritual Networks Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Spiritual Networks chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Spiritual Networks Services, Spiritual Networks nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content. 2. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Spiritual Networks Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. Spiritual Networks does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Spiritual Networks prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Spiritual Networks. Spiritual Networks makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
8. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through Spiritual Networks. Spiritual Networks reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Spiritual Network's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from Spiritual Networks and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of Spiritual Networks: 1. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; 2. harasses or advocates harassment of another person; 3. exploits people in a sexual or violent manner; 4. contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website; 5. solicits personal information from anyone under 21; 6. provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses; 7. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; 8. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files; 9. involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming"; 10. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); 11. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses; 12. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; 13. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; 14. includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or 15. for band and filmmaker profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile. 16. criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets; 17. advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through Spiritual Networks. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from Spiritual Networks in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, Spiritual Networks reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which Spiritual Networks deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through Spiritual Networks, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to Spiritual Networks, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Spiritual Networks $100 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through Spiritual Networks; 18. covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Spiritual Networks page via HTML/CSS or any other means; 19. any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages; 20. interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on Spiritual Networks or the networks or services connected to Spiritual Networks; 21. attempting to impersonate another Member or person; 22. for band profiles, copying the code for your Spiritual Networks Player and embedding it into other profiles or asking other Members to embed it into their profiles; 23. using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account; 24. selling or otherwise transferring your profile; 25. using any information obtained from the Spiritual Networks in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person; 26. displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through Spiritual Networks on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your top friends, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or 27. using Spiritual Networks in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
9. Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of Spiritual Networks to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to Spiritual Networks by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on Spiritual Networks in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on Spiritual Networks; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Spiritual Network’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Spiritual Networks Members. Spiritual Networks reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
12. Disclaimers. Spiritual Networks is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on Spiritual Networks or in connection with Spiritual Networks, whether caused by Users of Spiritual Networks or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Spiritual Networks. Profiles created and posted by Members on Spiritual Networks may contain links to other websites. Spiritual Networks is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Spiritual Networks. Inclusion of any linked website on Spiritual Networks does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Spiritual Networks. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Spiritual Networks takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on Spiritual Networks nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Spiritual Networks is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User. Spiritual Networks assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. Spiritual Networks is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Spiritual Networks Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with Spiritual Networks. Under no circumstances shall Spiritual Networks be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of Spiritual Networks, attendance at a Spiritual Networks event, from any Content posted on or through Spiritual Networks, or from the conduct of any Users of Spiritual Networks, whether online or offline. The Spiritual Networks Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and Spiritual Networks expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Spiritual Networks cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Spiritual Networks Services.
13. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPIRITUAL NETWORKS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF SPIRITUAL NETWORKS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SPIRITUAL NETWORK'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO SPIRITUAL NETWORKS FOR THE SPIRITUAL NETWORKS SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
14. U.S. Export Controls. Software available in connection with the Spiritual Networks Services (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from Spiritual Networks or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
15. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving Spiritual Networks, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of California, City of Los Angeles. Either Spiritual Networks or you may demand that any dispute between Spiritual Networks and you about or involving Spiritual Networks must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in Los Angeles, California, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent Spiritual Networks from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
16. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Spiritual Networks, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of Spiritual Networks in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on Spiritual Networks or through Spiritual Networks causes Spiritual Networks to be liable to another.
17. Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of Spiritual Networks or any of the Spiritual Networks Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Spiritual Networks regarding the use of Spiritual Networks. The failure of Spiritual Networks to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Please contact us @ http://spiritualnetworks.com/contact with any questions regarding this Agreement.
18. Login Requirements. You must login to Spiritual Networks at least once every 6 months or run the risk of losing your account. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, Spiritual Networks has absolutely no interest in selling your personal information for profit. By sweeping the site clean of fake profiles and those who no longer wish to be here we help to ensure a quality of active membership that is second to none. Should you need any assistance accessing your account please fill out the Contact Us and we will get back to you within 24 hours. Many thanks for your support and we look forward to serving you.
19. Closing. While the following message is consistent throughout the body of this Agreement it bears repeating in the simplest of terms. Anyone who goes out of their way to attack, defame or hurt somebody's feelings for the purpose of personal gain will be removed from the site.