I don't hear these very often. They're listed in no particular order:
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.” ~Marcel Proust
“Integrity has no need of rules.” ~- Albert Camus
“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ~Abraham Lincoln
“God always takes the simplest way.”~Albert Einstein
I would enjoy reading yours. I invite you to share :)
Wishing you a Happy and Blessed New Year!
“No man ever steps in the same river twice,
for it's not the same river and
he's not the same man.”
~ Heraclitus
Déan Beets: "The value of man is for the soul to decorate itself with the willingness of man."
Dick Beets: "Each lost opportunity to serve and each deed born from caring, determines your value to mankind!"
1 Liked
 likes this.
Thank you, Dick...what wonderful invitations to grow!
~ Blessings, Meg
“The old people came literally to love the soil and they sat or reclined on the ground with a feeling of being close to a mothering power. The soil was soothing, strengthening, cleansing and healing.” ~Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Sioux
Photo Credit:Stefan Fussan
Commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Badlands_National_Park_Scan_0015.jpg
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0
2 Liked
and  like this.
"We’re afraid all the time of what the future will bring—afraid we’ll lose our jobs, our possessions, the people around us whom we love. So we wait and hope for that magical moment—always sometime in the future—when everything will be as we want it to be. We forget that life is available only in the present moment." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
I feel so sorry for rich people who have nothing but money, because they are actually very poor!
T he quote I like is The spoken word always comes back as Whispers in the wind
2 Liked
and  like this.
“All limiting beliefs are changeable. This is a mantra for our time, the time of light when all limiting beliefs may be shed.”
(August 6, 2016)
Seeds of Light
https://twitter.com/JulieLightOmega
From a good teacher you may learn the secret of listening.
You will never learn the secret of life.
You will have to listen for yourself.
~ Rachel Naomi Remen
1 Liked
 likes this.
"If the world is to be saved, it will be saved by people with changed minds, people with a new vision. It will not be saved by people with old minds and new programs." - Daniel Quinn
"The moment I first heard love I gave up my soul, my heart, and my eyes." - Rumi
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein
2 Liked
and  like this.
Here are some of my favourite Bahá'í quotes:
"The pure heart is as a mirror; cleanse it with the burnish of love... that the true sun may shine within it and the eternal morning dawn." - Bahá'u'lláh
"O Friend! In the garden of thine heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." - Bahá'u'lláh
"As the sun ripens the fruits of the earth, and gives life and warmth to all living beings, so shines the Sun of Truth on all souls, filling them with the fire of Divine love and understanding." - Abdu'l-Bahá
1 Liked
 likes this.
"When you put your hand in a flowing stream, you touch the last that has
gone before and the first of what is still to come."
~ Leonardo DaVinci
Last update on March 20, 2:28 am by Meg Martin.